Add a Historical Invoice without Deducting from Inventory
The purpose of entering a historical or past invoice is for tax purposes and to add the transaction to the purchase history of the customer without deducting from your current on-hand inventory amounts.
- From the contact profile, click on theAccount & Invoices tab.
- In the upper right corner of the Invoices section, clickand select New Historical Invoice from the drop-down.
- Acknowledge and confirm that you want to create a historical invoice by clicking Yes.
- From the Process Invoice pop-up, choose from the following options: Remove product from inventory (unchecked by default), Add sample followup to the calendar, Update customer last contact, and Change customer account balance.
- When finished, click OK.
- Clickand in the Search field, enter either a partial description or part number. To view past purchases, click the History tab at the top of the form.
- Double click to add items to the invoice, or select the checkbox next to each item, then click.
- When finished, click .
- If the invoice was paid in full, at the bottom of the invoice under the Details tab, clicknext to the appropriate payment type, otherwise enter the amount being applied.
- Additional information can be added to the Check Number and Memo fields.
- When finished with the invoice click .