After taking a physical count of your current inventory, you're ready to create what is referred to as a mock order because it's not a real order, just the way to enter your current inventory amounts. Using this method ensures that your beginning inventory quantities will be accurate.
Important Note: If you are not new to Boulevard and are re-entering your corrected inventory amounts, before proceeding, ensure that you have cleared your current on-hand inventory counts.
Step 1: Creating the Order
- From the sidebar navigation, click Products, then Inventory Orders.
- From the Inventory Orders toolbar, clickthen select New Order.
- Change the Description field from the current month to BASE INVENTORY (the Date can be left as of today's date).
- Click to open the Fill Order screen and add the amounts taken from your physical count in the Qty column.
Note: If you have a lot of inventory, it is recommended that you periodically save your work by clicking on the Fill Order screen, and then.
- Under the Section Totals & Discount, enter the discount percentage you received when the products were originally ordered from the company in the Discount field.
- After all items have been added, clickto save and close the order.
The next step to entering your inventory amounts is to place, receive, then delete the mock order. As a general rule, you should not delete product orders. They are tracked for tax purposes, but since this is not a real product order, it is of no use once you have entered your base inventory.
Step 2: Placing, Receiving, & Deleting the Order
- In the Inventory Orders screen select the BASE INVENTORY order; clickthen to confirm adding the items to the On Order field.
- Ensure the mock order is selected; then click.
- From the Receive Order screen, clickthen .
- Ensure the mock order is still selected; clickthen to confirm deleting the order.
- Entering Past Inventory Orders (add past orders without affecting your current inventory amounts)