After taking a physical count of your current inventory, you're ready to create a base inventory order which is the best method to enter your current inventory amounts. Using this method ensures that your beginning inventory quantities will be accurate.
Step 1: Creating the Order
Note: If you are not new to Boulevard and are re-entering your corrected inventory amounts, before proceeding, ensure that you have cleared your current on-hand inventory counts.
- From the sidebar navigation, click Products, then Inventory Orders.
- From the Inventory Orders toolbar, clickthen select New Order.
- Change the Description field from the current month to BASE INVENTORY (the Date can be left as of today's date).
- Click to open the Fill Order screen and add the amounts taken from your physical count in the Qty column (use your Tab key to quickly move to the next Qty field down the product listing). Or click to add items using the search and select items to add.
Important Note: For security purposes, Boulevard will sign out after 30 minutes of inactivity and any unsaved data will be lost.
- If you have a lot of inventory, it is recommended that you periodically save your work by clicking on the Fill Order screen, and then clickto save the order.
- We also recommend that you create multiple base inventory orders to make them smaller if you have a lot of inventory (e.g. create an order for each category or product line).
- Under Section Totals & Discount, enter the discount percentage you received when the products were originally ordered from the company in the Discount field.
- After all items have been added, clickto save and close the order.
Step 2: Placing, Receiving, & Deleting the Order
The next step to entering your inventory amounts is to place, receive, then delete the base inventory order. As a general rule, you should not delete product orders. They are tracked for tax purposes, but since this is not a real product order, it is of no use once you have entered your base inventory and should be deleted.
- In the Inventory Orders screen select the BASE INVENTORY order; clickthen YES to confirm adding the items to the On Order field.
- Select the BASE INVENTORY order then click.
- From the Receive Order screen, click RECEIVE ALL then .
- Select the BASE INVENTORY again and click. Click YES to confirm deleting the order.