When adding a customer credit card payment through an invoice or posting a payment to their account, the payment will then be added to Credit Receivables, and their account balance will immediately reflect it. However, the transaction still needs to be submitted to ProPay from Credit Receivables in Boulevard or from ProPay directly.
Alternatively, if you do not want to store customer credit card information through ProPay, you can send your customer a Direct Payment Link in an Email instead.
From the sidebar navigation, clickBusiness Tools, then Credit Receivables.
- Your ProPay account information must be linked in Boulevard.
- Credit card information needs to be added to the contact's profile before a payment can be processed.
- For the security of both you and your customer, Boulevard does not store credit card information. If the card number or expiration date needs to be updated, the card must be deleted, then re-added.
- For security purposes, the credit card information is accessed differently through Boulevard than from ProPay's website. Even if credit card information has been previously saved into ProPay through their website, it must be entered in Boulevard to utilize the credit card processing feature.
- Select the checkbox next to each transaction to be submitted.
- From the toolbar, clickto submit the transaction.
Successful transactions will be removed from Credit Receivables and recorded under the Account section of the contact's profile with the corresponding authorization code in the Reference field.
Declined transactions will remain in Credit Receivables with the applicable message in the ProPay Response field. If changes to the card or other billing information are necessary,
- If the payment is declined, the transaction will appear in red along with the reason in the ProPay Response field. Select the checkbox next to the transaction. Then click and choose either View Profile or Manage Credit Card if you need to re-enter or add new credit card information. When finished, resubmit the transaction.
- If you have verified with the customer that the card information is correct, sign in to your ProPay account to ensure that your subscription has not lapsed.
- You can also check to ensure ProPay's status is operational.
This method is also used when using ProPay but processing outside of the Boulevard application. If you use a different credit card processor, you can also use this method to track the payments and associated fees in Boulevard. Before proceeding, ensure that your processor fees have been entered under the Plug-ins tab in Preferences.
- Select the checkbox next to each transaction that has already been processed.
- From the toolbar, click.
- In the Credit Receivable Expense form, select the Fee Type and if applicable, Amount then click . An entry will then be added to your expenses.
Note: To ensure a valid expense category is assigned to the expense entry, we do not recommend changing the Category from the Credit Receivable Expense pop-up. Instead, select a different default category from Preferences.