The export function can be used to export customers from Boulevard, which can then be used to import contacts into myCustomers on InTouch or other applications that accept an Outlook or Microsoft Excel Comma Separated Values file format (.csv).
Step 1: Export from Boulevard
- From the sidebar navigation, clickContacts then Preferred Program.
- Select the checkbox of each contact to be included (clickto utilize the quick filters for further refinement).
- When finished, click.
- From Save As, navigate to where you want to save the file; we suggest the Desktop.
- Name the file, then click Save (Leave the Save as type option set to Outlook Export file or Microsoft Excel Comma Separated Values File (*.csv)).
- Contacts that have a date set in the PC Program field will automatically be highlighted and selected.
- The current date will be used when adding or updating contacts to the Preferred Program.
Step 2: Import into myCustomers on InTouch
- Sign in to your account on the InTouch website for your country:
US InTouch Website CA InTouch Website UK InTouch Website
- Select the button from the myCustomers area on InTouch, then select the button.
- Select the import existing customer link, then Import from Email.
- Select Choose File, then browse to the saved file, select it, then click Open.
- Click Import Customers. (The customer names appear, with the option to Skip, Add, or Merge customers already on InTouch®. If Skip is the only option, then the customer is located in the Recycle Bin in InTouch and would need to first be restored.)
- Once you have completed the action you want to take for each customer, select the acknowledgment checkbox, then click Complete Import.
If you receive any errors on specific customers you're trying to import into InTouch, hover over(to the right of their name) to view the error. Correct the issues in Boulevard, then export the name(s) again.