Manually Create a Direct Ship Invoice
When creating an invoice with the sale type of EZ Ship or Guest Checkout it will not deduct the inventory sold from your on-hand inventory, but it will create an Inventory order with the totals for tax purposes. You can choose to either import the customer website/direct ship order or manually enter it following the steps below.
Note: The invoice sale type EZ Ship (or Guest Checkout) should only be used for direct ship orders sent from the company to your customer (either initiated by you or from a customer registered on your personal website).
- Create a new invoice.
- Change the invoice Sale type to EZ Ship or Guest Checkout. View
- Add the items to the invoice and apply discounts.
- At the bottom of the invoice, on the Details tab, if applicable, enter the amount you collected from your customer for shipping in the Shipping field.
- Click to open the Product Order tab, and select Add Freight to Product Order.
- Enter the shipping amount the company collected from you in the Freight field*. View
- If applicable, in the Section 2 Tax field, clickand enter the amount of tax collected by the company in the Tax Paid to Company field then click . View
- When finished with the invoice, if desired, select from the drop-down to either Print or Email then click .
* Click the View CDS Order Status button to view the shipping and tax collected by the company.
If you saved the invoice without entering the shipping or section 2 tax collected by the company, see Edit an Inventory Order to add it to the order totals that get recorded for tax and production purposes.