When creating an invoice with the sale type of Direct Ship or Guest Checkout it will not deduct the inventory sold from your on-hand inventory, but it will create an Inventory order with the totals for tax purposes. You can import the customer website/direct ship order or manually enter it following the steps below.
Note: The invoice sale type Direct Ship (or Guest Checkout) should only be used for direct ship orders sent from the company to the customer (from orders initiated by you or from a customer registered on your personal website or guest checkout orders).
- Create a new invoice.
- Change the invoice Sale type to Direct Ship or Guest Checkout. View
- Clickand in the Search field, enter either a partial description or part number. To view and select from past purchases, click the History tab at the top of the form.
- Double-click to add items to the invoice. Or select an item, then click.
- When finished, click .
- If more than one of the same item is being purchased after adding it to the invoice, the quantity can be changed in the Qty field in the invoice grid.
- Apply any necessary discounts. A percent discount can be applied to an individual item from the Discount% field, or from the Discount tab, apply a discount to the entire invoice. Alternatively, you can apply a Flat Amount. The Percent and Flat Amount discount options cannot be used together.
- At the bottom of the invoice, on the Details tab, if applicable, enter any shipping amount you collected from your customer in the Shipping field.
- From the Product Order tab, enter the shipping amount the company collected from you in the Shipping field. View
- If the company charged additional taxes than what was collected from the customer (typically due to tax on a customer premium being added or shipping, etc.), follow the steps under the Handling Additional Sales Tax Collected before saving the invoice.
- Make any other necessary changes to the invoice, including the form of payment, and when finished, select Print or Email from the drop-down, then click .
- If necessary, the inventory order automatically generated when creating a direct ship invoice can be adjusted to account for the amount collected by the company (tax on customer premiums, etc.).