Step 1: Create a New Invoice
Create a new invoice to handle items being returned or exchanged for new items.
Option 1: Quick method
- From the contact's profile, click on theProducts tab.
- Select thenext to each item being returned.
- In the upper right corner of the Products tab, click.
- If items are being exchanged, on the same invoice, add the new items using the steps under Adding Items Being Returned & Any New Items Purchased.
Option 2: From the contact list
- From the Contact List, select thenext to the contact to be invoiced.
- From the toolbar, click.
Option 3: From the profile
- From the contact's profile toolbar, click.
Step 2: Add Items Being Returned & Any New Items Purchased
- To add items being returned or new items purchased, clickto open the Product Lookup form.
- In the Search field, enter either a partial description or part number.
- Double click to add items to the invoice, or select thenext to the desired item(s), then click .
- When finished, clickto close the Product Lookup screen.
- For each item being returned, change the Type from Sale to Return to Company (or Return Inventory if the item was never used). Leave the Type Sale for any additional items being purchased or new items being exchanged.
- Enter the day code information for each item being returned in the Day Code field.
Issuing a Refund
If there is a balance (credit or owed), it can either be refunded by you, paid by the customer, or left on the account until the next purchase.
Note: All credit card refunds must then be manually issued by logging in directly to your ProPay account.
- If the total remaining amount is being refunded to the customer, click(Paid-in-Full button) to the right of the applicable payment type (Cash/Check or Credit Card).
- It is also recommended that a note is added to the Memo field as an additional reference.
After the invoice has been completed, all items marked Return Inventory will be added back into your on-hand inventory amounts. Items marked Return to Company will be added to the Product Replacement form until you initiate a replacement product order.