A Product Collection is a special grouping of products which contain both constant (brushes, compact, etc.), and variable items which are selected at the time of the sale for the individual customer (eye colors, lip colors, fragrance, etc.).
When adding the product collection to a customer's invoice, you will be prompted to select the variable products for that particular customer. The products selected will then be automatically subtracted from inventory at the time of sale.
When a collection has been purchased the printed invoice will show the individual items from the collection, but only the retail amount charged for the collection, not each individual product amount. This allows you to add extra for packaging and other items included in the collection.
Create a Product Collection
- From the sidebar navigation, click Products then Product List.
- From the product list toolbar, click , then click .
- Under Product Type, choose Collection.
- Click Lookup to search and add all products that make up the collection that does not change (compacts, brushes, etc.).
- Click Group Lookup to add each variable item that is decided at the time of the sale.
Important Note: If you want the collection to contain more than one of the same type of product, enter the group name on more than one line. For example, if the collection includes three different eye colors, enter three line items with the group name Eye Color.
- In the Qty field, enter the quantity of each individual item contained in the collection (default is 1 for each item).
- When finished adding items to the collection, click to save and close the Product Itemize form.
- Assign the collection a part number and give it a description. For example, to create a filled Petite Palette, enter PETITE for the part number and Filled Petite Palette for the description.
- From the Category list drop-down, choose the category where you want collection located.
- Under the Pricing section, enter the amount you will charge in the Retail/Cost field.
- Click to save the newly created collection.
- To view the contents of a collection, from the profile toolbar, click .
- Custom Collections and Pre-packs are automatically added to your product list each season (if your account is set as Mary Kay industry). Click to follow this article and get notified on the next season's additions!