Birthdays, Follow-ups/Tasks, and Appointments
The calendar helps you manage your time by keeping track of important dates such as birthdays and anniversaries along with appointments and action items. Below is an explanation of the types of dates and their color-coding.
- Birthday notifications come from the date in the Birthday field located on the Main tab under the Dates section of the contact profile.
- Anniversary notifications come from the date in the Wedding Anniversary field located on the Main tab under the Dates section of the contact profile. By default, the Wedding Anniversary field is not displayed. To add an anniversary date to a contact's profile, click from the Dates section header.
- Invoice Follow-up
- After a contact has been invoiced, a follow-up task is automatically created based on the number of days set from the Invoice Follow up field found in Preferences (Settings > Preferences > Invoices tab).
- Invoice follow-up tasks will be moved to a future date when a new invoice is created, or the date in the Next Contact field is changed from the contact's profile.
- Action Item / Samples
- Action items can be created by clickingfrom the calendar toolbar, the contact's profile toolbar, or by clicking from the Action Item tab on the profile.
- Sample follow-up tasks are automatically created based on the number of days set from the Sample Follow up field found in Preferences (Settings > Preferences > Invoices tab) but are also handled in the same way as manually created action items.
- Sample follow-up tasks and Action Items can be set as completed by entering a date in the Completion Date field. Alternatively, they can be deleted by clickingnext to the task on the Action Item tab of the contact's profile or by clicking next to the task in Upcoming Events.
- Appointments can be created by clicking from the calendar toolbar or the contact's profile toolbar.