The Gross Receipts report lists personal sales for a given time period grouped by the type of sale. It will also include any discounts and retail gifts that were given as well as sales tax. It is one of the reports recommended for tax purposes.
- From the sidebar navigation, clickReports.
- Under the Sales section, select Gross Receipts.
- From the Date Range screen, if necessary, change the Start and End dates (or choose from the quick pick list).
- By default, the report will include Personal Use and Business Supplies. To exclude those amounts, uncheck the options, then click.
- From the print preview form, click to print, or click to export and download as another file type, such as PDF.
By default, invoices with the sale type of Personal Use and Business Supplies (demos, expired products, etc.) are included in the Retail Subtotal. In the Discounts section, an offsetting discount is also included, leaving only the product's cost in the Net Total. This indicates that the product was removed from your inventory, but no profit was made. Additionally, when Business Supplies invoices are created, an expense entry should also be created, which accounts for the cost of the product.