Specific settings for a contact such as a default discount, sales tax rate, invoice ship to address, and other various options can be set from their contact profile.
Set a Default Discount
- From the contact profile toolbar, click on .
- Under the Sales Settings section, add the desired discount percent amount in the Discount field.
- From the drop-down list, choose a Discount Type, or click ... to add new or edit an existing type.
- Click to save and close the settings, then from the toolbar, click to close the profile.
Additional Profile Settings
- Invoice Followup: A system-generated calendar entry is created for customer follow up (in days) after the customer is invoiced if different than what is set in Preferences: Invoice tab.
- Email Invoice: Select an option to email invoices if different than what is set in Preferences: Invoice tab (an email address needs to be stored in the Email 1 field on profile).
- Sales Tax: Set a custom sales tax rate that is different than what is set in Preferences: Business Info tab (or for Canada, Preferences: Tax tab).
- Tax Shipping: Specifies whether tax is calculated on shipping if different than what is set in Preferences: Invoice tab (or for Canada, Preferences: Tax tab).
- Discount: Enter a discount percentage that will be applied each time an invoice is created.
- Discount Type: Choose the type of discount given to the customer. The default is Standard. Other default types include Personal Use / Own Use*, Native Indian*, Hostess Credit, Birthday/Anniversary, or Business Supplies. The default types cannot be deleted, however, additional types can be created.
Enter a discount percent that will be applied when invoiced (this amount can be overwritten on the invoice).
* Applies to those in Canada only.
Default: Select the checkbox to use an invoice shipping address as default. Specify the shipping address in the textbox if different from the address stored on the Main tab of their profile.
- Uses Basic Skin Care: This can be set if the customer regularly uses one of the basic skincare lines. The Uses Basic Skin Care can be filtered from the Contact List.
- Favored Customer: This can be set if the contact is a favored customer. The Favored setting can be filtered from the Contact List.
- Potential Consultant: This can be set if the contact is a potential consultant. The Potential Consultant can be filtered from the Contact List.
- Exclude From Dashboard: Set this option to not include this contact in the Dashboard's Top Customers listing (typically used for personal use and business supplies profiles).