A Prepack is an item made up of a group of products that never change, for example, seasonal looks or pre-made gift sets. You would define this set as a prepack since the individual items always remain the same.
When you add the prepack to a customer's invoice, Boulevard automatically subtracts the individual items included in the prepack from your inventory (items are listed individually on the printed invoice).
When you order a prepack from the company, the individual items included are automatically added to your inventory.
Note: Before creating the prepack, you'll want to ensure that you have created product profiles for all items you'd like to track and/or display within the product bundle (the example below uses a Seasonal Mug).
Create a Prepack
- From the sidebar navigation, click Products then Product List.
- From the product list toolbar, click , then click .
- Under Product Type, ensure Prepack is selected.
- Click LOOKUP to search for a product to be included in the prepack. When found, select the product, then click ADD.
- The default quantity for each item is 1. To change, click , then update the Qty field. Click to save.
- Repeat until all items have been added, then click to save and close the Product Itemize pop-up.
- Assign a part number and give it a description. For example, to create a hand cream and coffee mug set, enter MUGSET for the Part Number, and Coffee & Cream Gift Set for the Description.
- From the Category list drop-down, choose the category where you want it located.
- Under the Pricing section, enter the amount you will charge in the Retail/Cost field (or leave blank if you will be entering a custom price each time you add it to an invoice).
- If applicable, select the Taxable checkbox (or clickto access the tax settings for Canada).
- Click then select Save (or Save and New to create another product).
Note: When the invoice is printed, the items included will be visible, however, only the price for the entire product bundle will be displayed to the customer.
- Visit the Business Tips & Ideas section of the Community area to view product collections added to the product list for the current season.
- To view the contents of a bundle from the profile toolbar, click.View
- Product Profile Types
- Boost Your Holiday Sales with Custom Gift Sets / Bundles
- Create Your Own 12 Days Of Faves And Advertise It Like A Pro!
- Create & Invoice a Product Collection