Create & Invoice a Product Collection
A Collection is a special grouping of products that contain items that never change and variable items selected at the time of the sale for the individual customer (color, shade, fragrance, etc.).
When adding the product collection to an invoice, you will be prompted to select the variable products for that particular customer. The chosen products will then be automatically subtracted from inventory when purchased.
When a collection has been purchased, the printed invoice will show the individual items from the collection, but only the retail amount charged for the collection, not the individual cost for each product. You will then have the option to add any additional amount for packaging and other items included.
- From the sidebar navigation, click Products then Product List.
- From the product list toolbar, clickthen click .
- Under Product Type, choose Collection.
- ClickLOOKUP to search and add all products included in the collection that do not change (compacts, brushes, etc.). Click Group Lookup to add each variable item decided at the time of purchase.
Tip: If you want the collection to contain more than one of the same type of products, enter the group name on more than one line. For example, if the collection includes three different eye colors, enter three line items with the group name Eye Color.
- The default quantity for each item is 1. To change, click , then update the Qty field. Click to save.
- When finished adding items to the collection, click to save and close the Product Itemize form.
- Assign a part number and give it a description. For example, to create a filled Petite Palette, enter PETITE for the part number and Filled Petite Palette for the description.
- From the Category list drop-down, choose the category where you want the collection located.
- Under the Pricing section, enter the amount you will charge in the Retail/Cost field (or leave blank if you enter a custom price each time you add it to an invoice).
- If applicable, select the Taxable checkbox (or clickto access the tax settings for Canada).
- Click then select Save (or Save and New to create another product).
- Begin by creating a new invoice.
- Clickand search to add a product collection to the invoice.
- From the Fill Collection pop-up, select from the available items assigned to the Group for the collection being invoiced.
- When finished adding items to the collection, click to close the Fill Collection form.
- When finished, click to close the product look-up slide out.
- After adding other items, discounts, or payments, choose whether to print or email the invoice, then click .
Note: When the invoice is printed, the itemized selections chosen will be visible. However, only the price for the entire product bundle will be displayed to the customer.
Click the video below to view an extended version that can be paused.
- Visit the General Discussion section of the Community area to view product collections added to the product list for the current season.
- To view the contents of a collection from the profile toolbar, click.View
- Custom product bundles (collections, prepacks, and sets) are automatically added to your product list each season (if your account is set as Mary Kay industry). Click to follow this article and get notified of the newest additions.
- Create Your Own 12 Days Of Faves And Advertise It Like A Pro!
- Create a Product Prepack
- Product Profile Types