Handling Product Replacement Orders
After you have created an invoice for your customer with items being returned, those items will then automatically be added to the Product Replacement screen in Boulevard. Follow the steps below when you are ready to submit to the company for an exchange.
Note: The steps below do not submit the actual order. The purpose is to track items being sent from the company as replacements for items that have been returned by customers.
- From the sidebar navigation, click Products, then Inventory Orders.
- From the toolbar, clickand select Replacement Order from the drop-down.
- Products listed in the replacement screen are all items added as returns on an invoice that have not been finalized in Boulevard. Select the checkbox next to the item(s) being returned.
- If you do not see the item you are returning, click to manually add it to the Product Replacement form.
- From the toolbar, click and choose Company (choosing Inventory will return the items back to your on-hand inventory). View
- From the toolbar, click, then search and select each item you want the company to send you in replacement, then click (or double click to add). When finished, click .
- Ensure the Retail difference is zero (0.00). View
- When finished, ensure that Print on Complete is checked to print a copy, then click .
You can use the printed Replacement Product form referenced above as a guide when submitting the replacement product order online. For further assistance on the actual process of submitting to the company, please contact the company.
After you have received the shipment of replacement products, follow the steps below to receive them into your inventory.
- If necessary, from the sidebar navigation, click Products, then Inventory Orders.
- Select the replacement order (indicated with a , Status is Placed and Description is Replacement).
- From the toolbar click.
- If all items ordered were included in the shipment, from the Receive Order screen, click RECEIVE ALL then .
All quantities that were marked as received will be moved from the On Order column and added to the On Hand field of the product list. See Receive A Product Order Into Inventory for more information.
- Replacement orders will automatically have the order Type as Replacement with the Status as Placed.
- To print the replacement form again, from the sidebar navigation, clickProducts, then Inventory Orders. Select an order, then from the toolbar click . From the print preview form, clickto print, or clickto export and save as another file type such as PDF.