After your shipment has been delivered, the final step in updating your inventory amounts is when the product order Status has been set to Received. The On Hand field will then reflect the quantities for each item ordered.
Before proceeding, ensure that the totals of the order match the totals from the packing slip received from the company and that the order Status has already been set to Placed.
- From the sidebar navigation, clickProducts, then Inventory Orders.
- Ensure the applicable order is selected from the main Inventory Orders screen, then from the toolbar click.
- If all items have been physically received, from the Receive Order screen, click RECEIVE ALL.
- Make any necessary adjustments for out of stock, back-ordered, or substituted items.
- Optionally, if any items have a shelf-life, enter the applicable date in the Expires field, then .
All quantities that were marked as received will be moved from the On Order column and added to the On Hand field of the product list.
Handling Out of stock items and substitutions:
- Out of Stock: For items that are out of stock and will not be shipped in the future, first, click RECEIVE ALL. Then, locate each out of stock item and click to remove it from the order. When finished, click to receive all other items.
- Backordered Products: For items that are currently on backorder but are expected to ship, after clicking RECEIVE ALL, override the quantity in the Received field to zero. Then click to receive all other items. The order will remain in a Placed status with only the products waiting to be received listed in the Receive Order screen. All other items will disappear and quantities added to your inventory.
Optionally, to track the life cycle of products that expire, the equivalent date from the day code listed on the product can be entered in the Expires field.