To begin creating a new invoice that will deduct from your current inventory, choose from one of the options below. To create an invoice that will not deduct from your current inventory, see Create a Historical Invoice.
From the Contact list: Select the contact (or the checkbox next to the contact), then from the toolbar, click.
From the Contact Profile: From the profile toolbar, click.
Quick Reorders or Returns:
- From the contact profile, click on theProducts tab.
- Select the checkbox next to each item being reordered or returned.
- In the upper right corner of the Products section, click(or for a return, click ).
- Clickand in the Search field, enter either a partial description or part number. To view past purchases, click the History tab at the top of the form.
- Double-click to add items to the invoice, or select the checkbox next to each item, then click.
- When finished, click .
Applying Discounts, Redeeming Rewards, & Additional Options
For more information about each field on the invoice, see Invoice Overview.
- Individual Item Discount: After adding the item to the invoice, enter a discount percent in Discount% field on the row.
- Entire Invoice Discount: At the bottom of the invoice click the Discount tab, and choose either Percent or Flat Amount. Only one type of discount can be added to an invoice (either percent or a flat amount, but not both).
- Discount Type: The default is Standard. To choose a different option, clickand choose from the options listed or click to create a new type.
- Reward Redemption: Clickto apply a discount using reward points.
- Type: Options include Sale (default type), Sample, Gift, Return to Company, or Return to Inventory.
- Day Code: Specific item code to track manufacturing information and expiration. If the sale type is set to Return to Company, the code will be displayed on the Replacement Product form.
- Product Is For: This field allows the product to be purchased by one contact but put in another contact's product history.
- Note: Clickto add a personalized note. To set or change the standard default note that appears on all invoices, see Customizing Invoices.
Applying a Payment
- If the invoice is being paid-in-full, at the bottom of the invoice under the Details tab, clicknext to the appropriate payment type, otherwise enter the amount being applied.
- Additional information can be added to the Check Number and Memo fields.
If payment is made after the invoice has been created, we recommend posting the payment to their profile to reflect the date the payment was actually made, and not editing the original invoice.
Print/Email & Saving the Invoice
When finished with the invoice, if applicable, select either Email or Print, then click .
- Send Direct Payment Link in an Email
- 3 Options for Invoicing a Contact ֍
- Create a Quick Invoice ֍
- Create a Direct Ship Invoice
- Record Shipping on Customer Invoices
- Handling Returns, Exchanges, or Refunds
- Handle Demos, Donations, Expired, Etc.
- Invoices can also be printed or emailed from the Invoice Log.