Track shipping costs passed on to your customer and the shipping costs your business paid.
- If applicable, click next to the Tax field to change whether the tax will be calculated on shipping for this invoice. (The default setting can be changed in Preferences under the Invoices tab (or Tax tab for Canada).
- Add the amount to be collected to the Shipping field.
- When finished with the invoice, if necessary, choose whether to Print or Email the invoice, then click to save.
Create an entry in Expenses for the actual postage amount your business paid to offset the income collected.
When Direct Ship or Guest Checkout is selected as the invoice Sale type, a Product Order tab will appear, allowing you to enter the amount your business paid the company to ship the items directly to your customer.
- Select Direct Ship (or Guest Checkout) from the invoice Sale type drop-down.
- If you charge the customer shipping, add the amount in the Shipping field on the Details tab. If you are not charging the customer for shipping, proceed to the next step.
- To account for the shipping the company charged, click the Product Order tab, then select Add Freight to Product Order.
- Enter the amount that was charged for shipping in the Shipping field.
An expense entry will automatically be added to expenses using the Postage category for shipping the product on all Direct Ship or Guest Checkout invoices.