Record Shipping on Invoices
Track shipping costs passed on to your customer as well as the shipping costs your business paid.
- If applicable, click next to the Tax field to change whether the tax will be calculated on shipping for this invoice only. (The default setting can be changed in Preferences under the Invoice tab.)
- Add the amount to be collected to the Shipping field.
- When finished with the invoice, if necessary choose whether to Print or Email the invoice, then click to save.
Create an entry in Expenses for the actual postage amount your business paid to offset the income collected.
When EZ Ship or Guest Checkout is chosen as the invoice Sale type a Product Order tab will then appear which allows you to enter the amount your business paid the company to ship the items directly to your customer.
- From the invoice Sale type drop-down, select either EZ Ship (or Guest Checkout).
- If you are charging the customer shipping, add the amount to be charged in the Shipping field on the Details tab. If you are not charging the customer for shipping, proceed to the next step.
- To account for the shipping that the company charged for shipping, click the Product Order tab then select Add Freight to Product Order.
- Enter the amount that was charged for shipping in the Freight field.
An expense entry will then automatically be added in expenses using the Postage category for the cost of shipping the product on all EZ Ship or Guest Checkout invoices.