Entering Your Base Inventory
After taking a physical count of your current inventory, you're ready to enter those amounts into Boulevard to ensure that your beginning inventory quantities are accurate. Inventory amounts can be added or edited directly in the On Hand field on the product list as well as the Ideal field to set your preferred quantities.
Important Note: The wholesale amount is calculated from the default Discount percent located in Inventory Orders Settings. Ensure that your discount is set before adjusting your inventory amounts.
Ensure Default Discount is Set:
- From the sidebar navigation, clickProducts, then Inventory Orders.
- From the toolbar, click .
- Select the Discount checkbox then enter the default discount percent (E.g. 50.00 for 50% discount).
- When finished, you can proceed to add On Hand amounts to the product list.
Add On Hand Amounts:
- From the sidebar navigation, click Products, then Product List.
- From the toolbar, clickto expand the product categories.
- Click in the On Hand field to adjust the quantity. Use your arrow keys to navigate vertically, or the tab key to navigate horizontally to the Ideal field.
Tip: Click then select Filter to filter the list, or search for items using the Search field or Advanced Search link. To remove any filters set, click then select Clear Filter.
Step 1: Creating the Base Inventory Order
Note: If you are re-entering your corrected inventory amounts, before proceeding, ensure that you have cleared your current on-hand inventory counts.
- From the sidebar navigation, click Products, then Inventory Orders.
- From the Inventory Orders toolbar, clickthen select New Order.
- Change the Description field from the current month to BASE INVENTORY (the Date can be left as-is).
- Click to open the Fill Order screen and add the amounts taken from your physical count in the Qty column (use your Tab key to quickly move to the next Qty field down the product listing). Or click to add items using the search and select items to add.
Important Note: For security purposes, Boulevard will sign out after 30 minutes of inactivity, and any unsaved data will be lost.
- If you have a lot of inventory, it is recommended that you periodically save your work by clicking on the Fill Order screen and then clickto save the order.
- We also recommend creating multiple base inventory orders to make them smaller if you have a lot of inventory (e.g., create an order for each category or product line).
- Under Totals & Discount, enter the discount percentage you received when the products were originally ordered from the company in the Discount field.
- After all of the items have been added, clickto save and close the order.
Step 2: Placing & Receiving the Base Inventory Order
The next step to entering your base inventory amounts in Boulevard is placing and receiving the order.
- Select the BASE INVENTORY order from the Inventory Orders screen; clickthen YES to confirm adding the items to the On Order field.
- Select the BASE INVENTORY order, then click.
- From the Receive Order screen, click RECEIVE ALL then .
- Double-click or select the BASE INVENTORY order from the Inventory Orders screen, then clickto open the Order Totals pop-up.
- Change all amounts to zero, then click .
Follow the steps below to enter totals for the orders you submitted to the company in the past, which will be included in your Inventory Purchases Report (Inventory Orders) for year-end tax purposes.
- To add totals for orders placed in the past, from the Inventory Orders toolbar, click then select Past Order from the drop-down menu.
- Using the packing slips that came with your orders or the information from the company website, enter the applicable amounts, then when finished, click to save and close.
- Repeat the previous steps until all past orders have been entered.
- See Importing an Inventory Order from InTouch after entering your base inventory to import future orders.
- Create an Inventory Order
- Create a Product List for Other Industries