To begin creating a new invoice that will deduct from your current inventory, choose from one of the options below. To create an invoice that will not deduct from your current inventory, see Create a Historical Invoice.
From the Contact list: Select the contact (or the checkbox next to the contact), then from the toolbar, click.
From the Contact Profile: From the profile toolbar, click.
You can create a new or historical invoice using this option. Creating historical invoices will not change your current on-hand inventory counts, but do allow you to enter past sales information.
From the Account & Invoices tab on the Contact Profile:
- From the contact profile, click on theAccount & Invoices tab.
- From the Invoices section, click and choose either New Invoice or New Historical Invoice.
For Quick Reorders or Returns:
- From the contact profile, click on theProducts tab.
- Select the checkbox next to each item being reordered or returned.
- In the upper right corner of the Products section, click(or for a return, click ).
- Clickand in the Search field, enter either a partial description or part number (By default, the search is filtered to show only Section 1 Retail items. Use the filter options to change or refine your search). To view and select from past purchases, click the History tab at the top of the form.
- Double-click to add items to the invoice, or select an item then click.
- When finished, click .
For more information about each field on the invoice including discounts, and other options, see Invoice Overview.
Applying a Payment
- If the invoice is being paid-in-full, at the bottom of the invoice under the Details tab, clicknext to the appropriate payment type, otherwise enter the amount being applied.
- Additional information can be added to the Check Number and Memo fields.
Note: If payment is made after the invoice has been created, we recommend posting the payment to their profile to reflect the date the payment was actually made, and not editing the original invoice. If a Direct Payment Link is sent through email, payments will automatically be applied to their profile and their account balance updated.
Print/Email & Saving the Invoice
When finished with the invoice, if applicable, select either Email or Print, then click .
Tips: You can set a default option (Email or Print) under the Invoices tab in Preferences.
If the invoice isn't being paid in full and you're emailing the invoice, select Email from the drop-down. To include a direct payment link in the email, select Include Payment Link before saving. See Link Your ProPay Account for more information on linking your ProPay account in Boulevard.
- Send Direct Payment Link in an Email
- 3 Options for Invoicing a Contact ֍
- Create a Quick Invoice ֍
- Create a Direct Ship Invoice
- Record Shipping on Customer Invoices
- Handling Returns, Exchanges, or Refunds
- Handle Demos, Donations, Expired, Etc.
- Preferences Overview
- Invoices can also be printed or emailed from the Invoice Log.