To create a new invoice that will deduct from your current inventory, begin by choosing from one of the 4 options below, then add items, and if applicable, apply any discounts, then print or email and save. For more information about each field on the invoice and other options, see Invoice Overview.
To create an invoice that will not deduct from your current inventory, see Add a Historical Invoice without Deducting from Inventory, Create a Direct Ship Invoice, or Import A Customer Website/Direct Ship Order.
You can create a new or historical invoice using this option. Creating historical invoices will not change your current on-hand inventory counts, but does allow you to enter past sales information.
- From the contact profile, click on theAccount & Invoices tab.
- From the Invoices section, click and choose either New Invoice or New Historical Invoice.
- Clickand in the Search field, enter either a partial description or part number. To view and select from past purchases, click the History tab at the top of the form.
- Double-click to add items to the invoice, or select an item, then click.
- When finished, click .
- If more than one of the same item is being purchased, after adding it to the invoice, the quantity can be changed in the Qty field in the invoice grid.
After adding items to the invoice, you can apply a percentage discount on the entire invoice from the Discount tab or specific items in the Discount% field from the invoice grid. Alternatively, you can apply a Flat Amount discount instead (from the Discount tab). Flat Amount discounts, however, cannot be combined with percent discounts.
- If the invoice is being paid-in-full, at the bottom of the invoice under the Details tab, clicknext to the appropriate payment type, otherwise enter the amount being applied.
- Additional information can be added to the Check Number and Memo fields.
- If a payment is being applied to the Credit Card field, after saving the invoice, see Handling Credit Card Payments.
Note: If payment is made after the invoice has been created, we recommend posting the payment to their profile to reflect the date the payment was actually made, and not editing the original invoice. If a Direct Payment Link is sent through email, payments will automatically be applied to their profile and their account balance updated.
When finished with the invoice, if applicable, select either Email or Print, then click .
- You can set a default option (Email or Print) under the Invoices tab in Preferences.
- If Email is selected from the drop-down and the invoice hasn't already been paid in full, select Include Payment Link to include a direct payment link before saving.
- Invoices can also be printed or emailed from the Invoice Log.