To begin creating a new invoice that will deduct from your current inventory, choose from one of the options below. To create an invoice that will not deduct from your current inventory, see Create a Historical Invoice.
Option 1: From the contact list
From the Contact List, select the contact (or the checkbox next to the contact), then from the toolbar, click.
Option 2: From the profile
From the contact profile toolbar, click.
Option 3: For quick reorders or returns
- From the contact profile, click on theProducts tab.
- Select the checkbox next to each item being reordered or returned.
- In the upper right corner of the Products section, click(or for a return, click ).
Add Items, Apply discounts, Sales Tax, and Additional options
- Clickand in the Search field, enter either a partial description or part number. To view past purchases, click the History tab at the top of the form.
- Double click to add items to the invoice, or select the checkbox next to each item, then click.
- When finished, click .
Applying Discounts & Redeeming Rewards
- Individual Item Discount: After adding the item to the invoice, enter a discount percent in Discount% field on the row.
- Entire Invoice Discount: At the bottom of the invoice click the Discount tab, and choose either Percent or Flat Amount. Only one type of discount can be added to an invoice (either percent or a flat amount, but not both).
- Discount Type: The default is Standard. To choose a different option, clickand choose from the options listed or click to create a new type.
- Reward Redemption: Clickto apply a discount using reward points. For more information about rewards, see Reward Program Overview.
- Type: Options include Sale (default type), Sample, Gift, Return to Company, or Return to Inventory.
- Day Code: Specific item code to track manufacturing information and expiration. If the sale type is set to Return to Company, the code will be displayed on the Replacement Product form.
- Product Is For: This field allows the product to be purchased by one contact but put in another contact's product history.
- Note: Clickto add a personalized note. To set or change the standard default note that appears on all invoices, see Customizing Invoices.
Click to open the Sales Tax screen for the following calculation options.
- Percent: The rate set in Preferences is used by default.
- Flat Amount: A flat tax amount can be entered instead of calculating a percent.
- Shipping: If selected, the tax is calculated on the amount entered in the Shipping field
- Before Discount: If selected, the tax is calculated before discounts are applied. Important Note: Before using this option, see Handling Sales Tax on Discounted Items.
Payment and Saving the Invoice
Applying a Payment
- If the invoice is being paid-in-full, clicknext to the appropriate payment type, otherwise enter the amount being applied.
- Additional information can be added to the Check Number and Memo fields.
Saving the Invoice
If applicable, select a checkbox to either Email or Print the invoice, then click . Invoices can also be printed or emailed from the Invoice Log.