To begin creating a new invoice that will deduct from your current inventory, choose from one of the options below. To create an invoice that will not deduct from your current inventory, see Create a Historical Invoice.
Option 1: From the contact list
- From the Contact List, select thenext to the contact to be invoiced.
- From the toolbar, click.
Option 2: From the profile
- From the contact's profile toolbar, click.
Option 3: For quick reorders or returns
- From the contact's profile, click on theProducts tab.
- Select thenext to each item being reordered or returned.
- In the upper right corner of the Products tab, click.
Add Items, Apply discounts, & Additional options
- Clickto open the Product Lookup form.
- In the Search field, enter either a partial description or part number.
- Double click to add items to the invoice, or select thenext to the desired item(s), then click .
- When finished, clickto close the Product Lookup screen.
Applying Discounts & Redeeming Rewards
- Individual Item Discount:
After adding the item to the invoice, enter a discount percent in Discount% field on the row.
- Entire Invoice Discount:
At the bottom of the invoice click the Discount tab, and choose either Percent or Flat Amount. Only one type of discount can be added to an invoice (either percent or a flat amount, but not both).
- Discount Type:
The default is Standard. To choose a different option, clickand choose from the options listed or click to create a new type.
- Reward Redemption:
Clickto apply a discount using reward points. For more information about rewards, see Reward Program Overview.
Options include Sale (default type), Sample, Gift, Return to Company or Return to Inventory.
- Day Code:
Specific item code to track manufacturing information and expiration. If the sale type is set to Return to Company, the code will be displayed on the Replacement Product form.
- Product Is For:
This field allows the product to be purchased by one contact but put in another contact's product history.
Clickto add a personalized note. To set or change the standard default note that appears on all invoices, see Customizing Invoices.
Payment, Sales Tax & Saving the Invoice
Applying a Payment
- If the invoice is being paid in full, click the next to the appropriate payment type, otherwise enter the amount being applied.
- Additional information can be added to the Check Number and Memo fields.
Click to open the Sales Tax screen for the following calculation options.
Rate set in Preferences is used by default.
- Flat Amount:
A flat tax amount can be entered instead of calculating a percent.
If selected, the tax is calculated on the amount entered in the Shipping field
- Before Discount:
If selected, the tax is calculated before discounts are applied. Important Note: Before using this option, see Handling Sales Tax on Discounted Items.
Saving the Invoice
If applicable, click to choose to either Email or Print the invoice, then click . Invoices can also be printed or emailed from the Invoice Log.