Top of Invoice & Toolbar
- (1) Previous Balance: The Account Balance before the current invoice was created
- (2) New Balance: The Account Balance including the total from the current invoice
- (3) Reward Points: The Rewards Points field will only be displayed if you are tracking rewards, and display the reward points balance for the customer.
- (4) Number: The invoice number is a unique, read-only number that will automatically be generated and displayed after the invoice has been initially created. This allows multiple users signed in to the same account to create invoices simultaneously.
- (5) Sale: Type of invoice used to group on reports and the Invoice Log. Options include Reorder, Guest Checkout, EZ Ship*, Web, PC Program, Facial, Double Facial, Class, On the Go, Shows, Misc, Seasonal, Personal Use, and Business Supplies.
* EZ Ship is recommended for all direct ship orders (except Guest Checkout) when the inventory is not being deducted from your current On Hand amounts.
- (6) Date: There are two choices for the default date which can be set on the Invoices tab in Preferences; Current Date or Last Date Used.
- (7): Used to add items to the invoice. When selected, a drawer will slide out from the right-hand side. Search for items from their past purchases under the History tab, or all items from the Product tab. After adding items, quantities can be increased from the Qty field.
- (8): Enter a note to be displayed on the invoice, or a default note can automatically be added from the Invoices tab in Preferences.
- (9): The reward redemption button will only be displayed if you have a Reward Program set up.
Main Form Field
- (10) Part#: The part number of the item
- (11) Description: The name of the item
- (12) Type: Options include Sale (default type), Sample, Gift, Return to Company, or Return to Inventory.
- (13) Qty: Displays the quantity of the items being purchased (default is set to 1)
- (14) Price: Displays the unit price of the product
- (15) Total: Displays the extended price for this item. If more than one of the item is being purchased, this field will display the total cost.
- (16) Discount%: Use this field to apply individual discount percentages to products on the invoice. Apply different discount percentages to each product on the same invoice.
Note: If discounts are used in this column, the Flat Amount option (33 in the image) cannot be used from the Discount tab, to apply a flat dollar discount to the entire invoice.
- (17) Day Code: The day code is when the item was manufactured and if used, would be displayed on the product. In the MK industry, it will be a 4-digit alphanumeric number, but other industries can enter up to 8 digits. If added, the day code is transferred to the customer's product history along with other product information. If you are returning the product to the company and you enter the day code on the return invoice, the day code is transferred to the Replacement Product form.
- (18) Product is For: This field allows you to mark the product as being purchased for a different contact.
- (19): This delete icon will appear for each item added to the invoice which allows you to delete the item.
- (20) Items: This is a read-only field that will display a count of the items on the invoice.
- (21) Cash/Check: Use this field if a Cash/Check payment is being applied at the time the invoice is created. You can also select if the invoice is being paid in full.
- (22) Check Number: If paying by check, enter the check number in this field.
- (23) Credit Card: Enter the amount the customer charged on a credit card. Click to enter the invoice total into this field. Boulevard tracks unprocessed credit card charges in the Credit Receivables form (Credit cards are not immediately processed from the invoice form).
- (24) On Account: This read-only field contains the invoice total less any amount entered in either the Cash/Check or Credit Card fields. Any amount remaining in this field indicates an unpaid or credit on the account.
- (25) Discount: Displays the discount dollar amount applied to the invoice.
- (26) Reward Discount: Displays the discount dollar amount applied to the invoice from the contact's applicable reward balance.
- (27) Tax: Displays the sales tax amount applied to the invoice. Boulevard calculates sales tax based on the default rate entered in the Sales Tax field in Preferences. Alternatively, a default sales tax rate can be stored and used on invoices for individual contact profiles. Override the tax rate applied to the invoice by clicking and change the Percent or select Flat Amount. You can also override whether or not to calculate tax on Shipping or Before Discounts.
- (28) Subtotal: Displays the subtotal of all invoice items, prior to any discounts given.
- (29) Memo: If the payment was by credit card, any information added will be displayed in the Memo field under the Account & Invoices tab of the profile and Credit Receivables.
- (30) Shipping: The shipping field is the amount you are charging for shipping and is added directly to the invoice total but is not used when computing the sales tax amount unless specified. The income from this field is added to the Shipping field on the Gross Receipts report.
- (31) Total: Displays the total dollar amount of this invoice.
- (32) Percent: Select this option to apply a percentage discount to the entire invoice total. If the contact has a default discount saved on their profile the percentage will appear automatically in this field.
- (33) Flat Amount: Select this option to apply a flat dollar discount to the entire invoice total.
Note: Flat amounts cannot be combined with any other discounts.
- (34) Discount Type: The default is Standard. To choose a different option, clickand choose from the options listed or click to add, edit, or delete a custom discount type.
- (35) Ship to address below: This option can be used if the contact has a default shipping address saved on their profile, it will appear in the address field below. Additionally, the option can be checked or unchecked depending on whether the current invoice will be shipped to this address. Or, add a shipping address for a one-time occurrence.
Product Order Tab
This tab only appears when the invoice Sale type EZ Ship or Guest Checkout is chosen.
- (36) Add Freight to Product Order: This is the amount the company charges for shipping the order.
- (37) Section 2 tax: Enter the amount of tax the company charged for section 2 items included in the order. This information can be found in your Order History online. The difference between the tax charged to the customer and the amount shown in your Order History is from tax calculated on shipping and/or tax on the customer premium, if applicable.
Weekly Accomplishment Tab
Enter the information below which will then be included in the Sales Summary by Date report.
- (38) Hostess Name: The Hostess Name field is only accessible if the invoice sale type is class, double facial, or show.
- (39) Time spent: Enter the amount of time spent on the transaction that resulted in the sale.
- (40) Basics: Enter the number of basic sets sold on the invoice.
- (41) Calls/Guests: Enter the number of people or phone calls that are connected to the invoice.
- (42) Interviews held: Enter the number of interviews held that are connected to the invoice.
- (43) Orders: This field is for reference only. Boulevard automatically transfers this number to the Sales Summary by Date report.
- (44) New recruits: Enter the number of new recruits that are connected to the invoice.
- (45) Bookings: Enter the number of future events booked that are a result of the invoice.
Bottom of Invoice
Choose to either print or email a copy of the invoice to the contact once has been selected. Your preferred option can be set by default in Preferences. The customer must have an email address stored on their profile. Invoices can also be printed later from Account & Invoices tab on the profile, or printed and emailed from the Invoice Log.
- (46) Print/Email: If Print is selected, after saving, it will print the display a preview of the printed invoice which can then be sent to your printer.
If Email is selected, the option to Include Payment Link will become enabled if you have linked your ProPay account in Preferences. After saving the invoice, an email message will launch with the invoice automatically attached, and additional information can be added to the message body before sending the email.
Note: You'll need to ensure that you have entered your email in the Email Address field under the Email Settings section in Preferences to email the invoice.