Top of Invoice & Toolbar
- Previous Balance: The Account Balance before the current invoice was created
- New Balance: The Account Balance including the total from the current invoice
- Number: The invoice number will automatically be generated and displayed after the invoice has been initially created. It is a unique, read-only number.
- Sale: Type of invoice used to group on reports and the Invoice Log. Options include Reorder, Guest Checkout, EZ Ship*, Web, PC Program, Facial, Double Facial, Class, On the Go, Shows, Misc, Seasonal, Personal Use, and Business Supplies.
* EZ Ship is recommended for all direct ship orders (except Guest Checkout) when the inventory is not being deducted from your current On Hand amounts.
- Date: There are two choices for the default date which can be set on the Invoice tab in Preferences; Current Date or Last Date Used.
- : Used to add items to the invoice. When selected, a drawer will slide out from the right-hand side. Search for items from their past purchases under the History tab, or all items from the Product tab.
- : The note is set by default from the Invoices tab in Preferences. The note can be changed or removed on each invoice.
- : The reward redemption button will only be displayed if tracking Rewards have been set to track.
Invoice Main Form Fields
- Part#: The part number of the item
- Description: The name of the item
- Type: Indicates the type of transaction of the specific line item. Options include Sale (default), Sample, Gift, Return to Company, or Return Inventory.
- Qty: Displays the quantity of the items being purchased (default is set to 1)
- Price: Displays the unit price of the product
- Total: Displays the extended price for this item. If more than one of the item is being purchased, this field will display the total cost.
- Discount%: Use this field to apply individual discount percentages to products on the invoice. Apply different discount percentages to each product on the same invoice. Please Note: If discounts are used in this column, you cannot use the options in the Discount tab, that apply a discount to the entire invoice.
- Day Code: Enter the product's day code in this column. The day code is transferred to the person's product history along with other product information. If you are returning the product to the company and you enter the day code on the return invoice, the day code is transferred to the Replacement Product form.
- Product is For: This field allows you to mark the product as being purchased for a different contact.
- : This delete icon will appear for each item added to the invoice which allows you to delete the item.
- Items: This is a read-only field that will display a count of the items on the invoice.
- Cash/Check: Use this field if a Cash/Check payment is being applied at the time the invoice is created. You can also select if the invoice is being paid-in-full.
- Check Number: If paying by check, enter the check number in this field.
- Credit Card: Enter the amount the customer charged on a credit card. Click to enter the invoice total into this field. Boulevard tracks unprocessed credit card charges in the Credit Receivables form (Credit cards are not immediately processed from the invoice form).
- On Account: This read-only field contains the invoice total less any amount entered in either the Cash/Check or Credit Card fields. Any amount remaining in this field indicates an unpaid or credit on the account.
- Discount: Displays the discount dollar amount applied to the invoice.
- Reward Discount: Displays the discount dollar amount applied to the invoice from the contact's applicable reward balance.
- Tax: Displays the sales tax amount applied to the invoice. Boulevard calculates sales tax based on the default rate entered in the Sales Tax field in Preferences. Alternatively, a default sales tax rate can be stored and used on invoices for individual contact profiles. Override the tax rate applied to the invoice by clicking and change the Percent or select Flat Amount. You can also override whether or not to calculate tax on Shipping or Before Discounts.
- Subtotal: Displays the subtotal of all invoice items, prior to any discounts given.
- Memo: If the payment was by credit card, any information added will be displayed in the Memo field under the Account & Invoices tab of the profile and Credit Receivables.
- Shipping: The shipping field is the amount you are charging for shipping and is added directly to the invoice total but is not used when computing the sales tax amount unless specified. The income from this field is added to the Shipping field on the Gross Receipts report.
- Total: Displays the total dollar amount of this invoice.
- Percent: Select this option to apply a percentage discount to the entire invoice total. If the contact has a default discount saved on their profile the percentage will appear automatically in this field.
- Flat Amount: Select this option to apply a flat dollar discount to the entire invoice total. Please Note: Flat amounts cannot be combined with any other discounts.
- Discount Type: Pick one of the options in this list to identify the type of discount being applied to the whole invoice (Default is set to Standard). Clickto add, edit, or delete a custom discount type.
- : Ship to address below option can be used if the contact has a default shipping address saved on their profile, it will appear in the address field below. Additionally, the option can be checked or unchecked depending on whether the current invoice will be shipped to this address. Or, add a shipping address for a one-time occurrence.
Product Order Tab
This tab only appears when the invoice Sale type EZ Ship or Guest Checkout is chosen.
- : Add Freight to Product Order is the amount charged by the company to ship the order.
- Section 2 tax: Enter the amount of tax the company charged for section 2 items included in the order. This information can be found in your Order History online. The difference between the amount of tax charged to the customer and the amount shown in your Order History is from tax calculated on shipping and/or tax on the customer premium given if applicable.
Weekly Accomplishment Tab
Enter the information below which will then be included in the Sales Summary by Date report.
- Hostess Name: The Hostess Name field is only accessible if the invoice sale type is class, double facial, or show.
- Time spent: Enter the amount of time spent on the transaction that resulted in the sale.
- Basics: Enter the number of basic sets sold on the invoice.
- Calls/Guests: Enter the number of people or phone calls that are connected to the invoice.
- Interviews held: Enter the number of interviews held that are connected to the invoice.
- Orders: This field is for reference only. Boulevard automatically transfers this number to the Sales Summary by Date report.
- New recruits: Enter the number of new recruits that are connected to the invoice.
- Bookings: Enter the number of future events booked that are a result of the invoice.
Bottom of Invoice
Choose to either print or email a copy of the invoice to the contact once has been selected. Your preferred option can be set by default in Preferences. They must have an email address stored on their profile. Invoices can be printed later from Account & Invoices tab on the profile, or printed and emailed from the Invoice Log.
- Print: If selected, after saving, it will print the number of copies set from the Invoices tab in Preferences.
- Email: Your email address must be set on the Business Info tab under the Email Settings section of Preferences first. If selected, after saving, an email message will launch with the invoice automatically attached. Additional information can be added before sending the email.